Edited Press Release
Fair Grounds announced a partnership with TwinSpires.com to promote major stakes days at the New Orleans track that includes naming TwinSpires.com the official presenting partner of Louisiana Derby Day on March 26.
“TwinSpires.com is a key player in the Advance-Deposit Wagering (ADW) market and has proven an integral partner in supporting the racing product at Fair Grounds through promoting our live racing meet to their users,” Fair Grounds Track President Tim Bryant said. “We look forward to building on our existing relationship with this added focus on our marquee stakes days.”
The new partnership brings TwinSpires.com into the fold as a presenting partner for four major days:
• Louisiana Champions Day presented by Acadian Ambulance featuring the TwinSpires.com Louisiana Champions Day Classic on December 12
• Road to the Derby Kickoff Day presented by Hotel Monteleone featuring the TwinSpires.com Lecomte Stakes (G3) on January 16
• Louisiana Derby Preview Day presented by Veterans Ford featuring the Veterans Ford Risen Star Stakes (G2) and TwinSpires.com Rachel Alexandra Stakes (G2) on February 20
• Louisiana Derby Day presented by TwinSpires.com featuring the TwinSpires.com Louisiana Derby (G2) and TwinSpires.com Fair Grounds Oaks (G2).
“As the official wagering partner of the Kentucky Derby and the Breeders’ Cup, TwinSpires.com is proud to sponsor these important stakes races,” TwinSpires.com President Ted Gay said. “The TwinSpires.com Louisiana Derby is one of the final steps on the Road to the Derby and we’re looking forward to watching the nation’s top three-year-olds compete at Fair Grounds and under the Twin Spires in May.”
In other Derby news, tickets to Churchill Downs’ 2016 season and Kentucky Derby Week events outside of the Kentucky Derby (G1) and Kentucky Oaks (G1) go on sale December 11.
The 2016 season begins with opening night to kick off the Spring Meet and Derby Week on Saturday, April 30, and includes the Spring, September and Fall Meets with a total of 70 action packed racing days. Tickets are available at www.churchilldowns.com.
Oaks and Derby tickets went on sale in November. All-inclusive seats and discounted early-purchase General Admission tickets remain available for both days at www.kentuckyderby.com and VIP ticket packages can be purchased at www.derbyexperiences.com.
Until March 1 or while supplies last, the purchase of a six-person box for live racing events during the week leading up to the 2016 Kentucky Derby will include a free bobblehead of trainer Bob Baffert holding the coveted Triple Crown trophy.
Events that qualify for the bobblehead giveaway include opening night and racing on Tuesday, Wednesday and “Thurby” of Derby week. The bobblehead giveaway does not include Oaks and Derby.
Churchill Downs’ 2016 Derby week events also include:
• Dawn at the Downs: Enjoy breakfast on Millionaire’s Row while watching Derby contenders train from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. (EDT) on Tuesday, May 3, through Thursday, May 5
• Live racing on Tuesday, May 3, and Wednesday, May 4
• Thurby: Celebrate all things Kentucky and the official start of Derby weekend with a day of live racing on Thursday, May 5
• The 142nd running of the Kentucky Oaks and the Kentucky Derby on Friday, May 6, and Saturday May 7, 2016
For the full calendar of 2016 Meet events and post times visit www.churchilldowns.com.