Harness racing action at Hoosier Park commences on Friday to kick-off their much-anticipated meet. The Anderson, Indiana, venue will host races on Friday and Saturday during opening weekend, and from Thursday through Saturday on April 4-6. Following that, the popular harness racing attraction will be held five days a week on Tuesday through Saturday, until the conclusion of the meet on November 9. There are numerous stakes events held at Hoosier Park, starting with the Spring Overnight Series. The Circle City Series, Madison County, Jenna’s Beach Boy Pace and the Caesars Trotting Classic are some of the big draws during the meeting. The signature event at the venue is the $300,000 Dan Patch Stakes, which takes place on August 9 and often attracts the top pacers in North America. A total of 128 horses have been entered for the season opener that includes eight races dedicated to the newly formed Harrah’s Hoosier Park Claiming Challenge. First post, as it will be on each racing day, is 6:30 p.m. (ET). New to the bettors at Hoosier Park for 2019 is the guaranteed $20,000 Trifecta Pool in Race 10 on Wednesday nights, as well as the $10,000 guaranteed Pick-4 pool on Thursday evenings (Races 3-6). These two incentives are worth keeping track of with robust pools, and full fields, to bet into. Hoosier is also guaranteeing the High 5 pool at $10,000 a day in April. 2018 marked the 25th anniversary of Hoosier Park and Trace Tetrick picked up his fifth consecutive driving title. He brought home 309 winners to earn his seventh overall title at the venue, and he ranks as Hoosier Park’s all-time leading driver. The trainer’s title has been something of a two-horse race in recent times. After tying with trainer Jamie Macomber for the leading trainer title in 2017, Jeff Cullipher took the next step and secured the 2018 leading trainer title outright. He ended the campaign with 199 winners, just ahead of the 196 saddled by Macomber. Twinspires.com is fully backing the Hoosier Park meeting with a bevy of top-notch promotions. Listed below are the promotions dedicated to the Hoosier faithful.
- The Bet Back Promotion for opening weekend – Opt in now to get your Bet Back on every race if your horse finishes second or third!
- Hi-5 promo – Each race day in April you can earn your share of a weekly $1,000 bonus at Hoosier Park when you play the Hoosier Hi-5! Want to earn even more bonus cash? Just wager $25 into the Hoosier Hi-5 10 days in April to split an additional $1,000!
- Gait Insurance – Get your Win bet refunded if your horse breaks stride and loses the race! That’s right, we’ll refund your wager if your horse breaks stride at any time during the race and loses!
- Exotics Winsurance – Every Thursday you can unlock Winsurance on all your exotic wagers at Hoosier Park! Just wager $50 into the guaranteed Pick 4 pool to get 25 percent back on ALL your losing exotic wagers!
- High Rollers Club – Earn $50 a day in April at Hoosier Park! Each day you wager at least $1,000, you’ll earn a $50 bonus! With 19 race days on the calendar, you can earn $950 in bonus cash, but if you bet at least $1,000 every day we’ll throw in an additional $50!