HOW TO PLAY | CONTEST RACES / PRIZES | OFFICIAL RULES | SHAREHOLDERS BOARD
TwinSpires.com players will be able to earn shares of $10,000 in total prizes in the "Carnival to Cup Challenge" contest ("the Contest"). Preliminary Round Play in the contest begins Friday, October 7 and continues every Friday to October 28. Final Round Play takes place on Monday, October 31 – Emirates Melbourne Cup Night.
$10,000 in total cash prizes will be awarded as follows:
$1,000 Weekly Prize Pool to be divided equally among all players who earn the most unvested shares on Friday, October 7. A maximum of four (4) unvested shares may be earned by any one contest player on a single card.
$1,000 Weekly Prize Pool to be divided equally among all players who earn the most unvested shares on Friday, October 14. A maximum of four (4) unvested shares may be earned by any one contest player on a single card.
$1,000 Weekly Prize Pool to be divided equally among all players who earn the most unvested shares on Friday, October 21. A maximum of four (4) unvested shares may be earned by any one contest player on a single card.
$1,000 Weekly Prize Pool to be divided equally among all players who earn the most unvested shares on Friday, October 28. A maximum of four (4) unvested shares may be earned by any one contest player on a single card.
$1,000 Bonus Prize Pool to be divided equally among all players who earn the most total unvested shares over all contest dates. A maximum of sixteen (16) unvested shares may be earned by any one contest player during Preliminary Round Play.
$5,000 Jackpot Prize Pool to be awarded on a per-share basis, among all players with fully vested shares after the running of the Emirates Melbourne Cup. In order to win a share of the Jackpot Prize Pool, a player must earn at least one (1) unvested share during Preliminary Round Play and place a winning $10 Win bet on a single horse or entry in the Emirates Melbourne Cup on Monday, October 31. Only one contest wager on the Melbourne Cup is allowed per player. The fully vested share value will equal $5,000 divided by the total number of vested shares after Final Round Play is completed. The prize a player earns will equal the vested share value multiplied by the total amount of vested shares he or she has earned at the conclusion of Final Round Play.
HOW TO PLAY
1. Preliminary Round Play: Play the contest by placing at least one (1) $10 Win bet on one (1) horse/entry on a single ticket on up to four (4) designated contest races at Australia A on the designated contest dates. You may place as many contest wagers as you like, however, wagers using multiple horses on the same ticket and combination wagers (WP, WS, WPS) will not count in the contest. The contest is open every Friday in October (Oct. 7, 14, 21, 28) and on Emirates Melbourne Cup Night – Monday, Oct. 31. All designated contest races will be on the Australia A program.
2. Each time you cash a winning $10 Win bet on a single horse on a designated contest race, you will earn one (1) "unvested" share of the $5,000 Jackpot Prize Pool and will be eligible to win a share of the $1,000 Weekly Prize Pool and $1,000 Bonus Prize Pool.
3. $1,000 Weekly Prize Pool: Up to four (4) unvested shares may be earned by any player on a single contest day. The player(s) who earn the most unvested shares on a single contest day will win or split the $1,000 Weekly Prize Pool.
4. $1,000 Bonus Prize Pool: Up to sixteen (16) unvested shares may be earned by any player during the course of the contest. The player(s) who earn(s) the most unvested shares over the four Friday contest dates will win or split the $1,000 Bonus Prize Pool.
5. Final Round Play: Any player who has earned at least one (1) unvested share of the $5,000 Jackpot Prize Pool during Preliminary Round Play is eligible to earn a fully vested share of the Jackpot Prize Pool by placing one $10 Win bet on a single horse or entry in the Emirates Melbourne Cup on October 31. Only one contest wager on the Melbourne Cup is allowed per player. For the purposes of contest play, a player’s first $10 Win wager on a single horse or entry in the Emirates Melbourne Cup will count as his or her final contest wager.
6. $5,000 Jackpot Prize Pool: If a player’s final contest wager is a winner, all of the unvested shares s/he has earned during Preliminary Round Play will become fully vested in the $5,000 Jackpot Prize Pool. The $5,000 Jackpot Prize Pool will divided by the total number of all fully vested shares and awarded on a per share basis to all fully vested shareholders.
7. In the event a contest race or races are cancelled, those races may or may not be replaced at a later date. Check the Contest pages for announcements with respect to cancellations.
8. Check the "Shareholders Board" to see who has earned the most shares for each Prize Pool. TwinSpires.com will update the Shareholders Board by the Tuesday following each Friday in October and on the morning of October 31, Melbourne Cup Night.
OFFICIAL CONTEST DATES AND TRACKS
The contest will be held on the following tracks and race dates:
Preliminary Round Play
Friday, October 7 – Australia A – 4 Races TBA
Friday, October 14 – Australia A – 4 Races TBA
Friday, October 21 – Australia A – 4 Races TBA
Friday, October 28 – Australia A – 4 Races TBA
Final Round Play
Monday, October 31 – Australia A – Emirates Melbourne Cup
The TwinSpires Carnival to Cup Challenge (the "Contest") is open to TwinSpires.com registered players only; legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years or older. The following states have higher age requirements: Alabama (min. age 19), Iowa (min. age 21), New Hampshire (min. age 21), Washington (min. age 21). TwinSpires.com is a free service; sign-up opportunities exist via beta.twinspires.com or by calling 877-SPIRES-1. Employees of Churchill Downs Incorporated and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, their advertising agencies and racing officials and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
By entering, all participants and/or entrants release Churchill Downs Technology Initiatives Company and its parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages arising in connection with each entrant’s participation and/or entry in this Promotion and/or their receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion. This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is void where prohibited by law.
METHOD OF ENTRY
The contest is open to all TwinSpires.com customers who have a valid, open TwinSpires.com wagering account. Players with valid TwinSpires.com wagering accounts may automatically enter the contest at any time by placing a $10 Win wager in a single horse or entry a designated contest track and race on October 7, 14, 21, 28 and/or 31. Players at Arlington Park, Fair Grounds Race Course and their OTBs are eligible for this contest and can enter by using their TwinSpires.com wagering accounts at their respective facilities.
Churchill Downs Incorporated and TwinSpires.com each reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Churchill Downs Incorporated and TwinSpires.com may, in its sole discretion, prevent an entrant who has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility, or is otherwise ineligible to receive a prize, from continuing to participate in the Contest.
TwinSpires’ decisions with respect to the potential winner and any other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final. The potential Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification. If TwinSpires is unable to contact the potential winner within five (5) days of the initial attempt to contact, if a potential winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date or if a potential winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate prize winner shall be selected. By entering the Promotion, all entrants consent to the use of their name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, including online announcements, worldwide and without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible contest entries.
All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with a prize or the acceptance and use of any element of a prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective winner. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are winner’s responsibility. Prizes may not be transferred or exchanged.
If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of TwinSpires, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, TwinSpires and its affiliates/agents reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select winners in a manner, which in the sole judgment of TwinSpires, is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. TwinSpires and its affiliates/agents reserve the right to disqualify any individual who violates these Contest Rules or the associated rules sets referenced. Herein, if anyone tampers with the entry process or engages in any conduct detrimental to TwinSpires, the Contest or any other player (in each case as determined at TwinSpires’s sole discretion), to lock out any individual whose eligibility is in question, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest at any time. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. None of the Released Parties are in any way responsible or liable for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by TwinSpires on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any associated Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this Contest.
Winners will be notified by e-mail or phone and will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and a publicity/liability release (unless prohibited by law) within ten (10) days following attempted notification. Any prize returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. In the event of a dispute about the identity of any player, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the TwinSpires account submitted at time of entry. A potential winner will be required to provide proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the TwinSpires account associated with the winning entry.
RULES AND WINNER’S LIST
This contest is subject to these Contest Rules and any other rules set expressly referenced herein. Contest players agree to abide by the terms of these Contest Rules and by the decisions of TwinSpires, which are final on all matters pertaining to this contest.
TwinSpires reserves the right to change these Contest Rules at any time, in its sole discretion. Contest rules may be obtained on the TwinSpires website.
A winners’ list will be posted on the TwinSpires website no later than one week after the contest and may also be obtained by sending a SASE to the address below.
The sponsor of the contest is Churchill Down Technology Initiative Co. The address for the purposes of this contest is:
800 West El Camino Real
Mountian View, CA 94040
Attn: Lucky Kalanges
The section headers contained herein are only provided for convenience purposes only and shall not be used to modify or interpret the terms of these Official Rules. To begin the Carnival to Cup Challenge, log into your account at . For questions about this contest, send e-mail to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, TWINSPIRES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK FROM ANY SUCH PERSON DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO TWINSPIRES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.