Finger Lakes Racetrack
5857 Route 96
Farmington, NY 14425
Phone: (585) 924-3232
Racing Season: April - December
Notable Events at Finger Lakes Race Track
- New York Derby - 3-year-old NY-breds going 1-1/16 mi.
- New York Breeder's Futurity - 2-year-old NY-breds going 6f
- New York Oaks - 3-year-old fillies & mares going 1-1/16 mi.
- Aspirant - 2-year-old NY-breds going 6f
History of Finger Lakes Horse Racing
Since opening in 1962, Finger Lakes Racetrack has a long tradition of hosting quality racing in New York. The great horse racing legend Fio Rito is buried in the infield after the New York Horse of the Year captured the Whitney Handicap at Saratoga in one of his few non-Finger Lakes starts. With that win, Fio Rito became the first New York-bred horse to win a Grade I stakes race. The track is also home to one of the country’s only equine swim facilities, allowing horses to train and rehabilitate from injury in different ways. To complement its world –class horse racing, Finger Lakes added the gaming aspect in 2004 when video gaming machines were introduced to the facility.
About Finger Lakes Racing
- Nearest City: Rochester, NY (20 Miles NW)
- Area population: 1.1 million
- Horse track Information: 1-mile oval; sandy loam; 6 furlong and 1 1/4-mile chutes; length of stretch: 960 feet
- table Accomodations: 1,214
Amenities at Finger Lakes Race Track
Horse racing isn’t the only draw at Finger Lakes; they offer a wide variety of dining and entertainment options as well. Patrons can choose to wine and dine at several different eateries, including Wolfgang Puck Express and the Platinum Grille. They also provide comprehensive event planning services, where they provide-state-of-the-art facilities and services for parties, business meetings, and fundraisers.