Congratulations to James N. of Wheeling, IL who took home $100,000 and earned a chance to compete for a $1-million top prize at the NHC in Las Vegas by winning the first ever TwinSpires Online Handicapping Championship. His top score of $131.70 was just enough to edge a very game Lori H. of Campbell, CA with $123.40.
Both, along with 48 other TwinSpires players, will be headed to Las Vegas in the New Year to compete for more cash and accolades in the National Handicapping Championship and Horse Player World Series. Congrats to all of our winners and thanks to all of our players for making the TwinSpires Online Handicapping Series a huge success!
TwinSpires.com Online Handicapping Championship
Official Results, Cash & Prize Distribution
$333,000 in Total Cash & Prizes
Final Top 50 Placings with Vegas Seat assignments.
*Denotes Horse Player World Series package awarded due to player already having won a NHC Seat or being ruled ineligible, per NTRA rules, for not having purchased a NHC Tour membership.
|Place ||Player||City/State||Winnings||Las Vegas Seat||Cash Prize|
|1||James N.||Wheeling, IL||$131.70||NHC 1||$100,000|
|2||Lori H.||Campbell, CA||$123.40||NHC 2||$4,125 + $500|
|3||Michael B.||Baton Rouge, LA||$121.80||NHC 3||$2,475 + $500|
|4||Randy B.||Pueblo, CO ||$117.50||NHC 4||$1,650 + $500|
|5||Milton M. ||Linthicum, MD||$116.50||NHC 5||$825 + $500|
|6||Edwin S.||Mercer Island, WA||$113.10||NHC 6||$495 + $500|
|7||Sergio P.||Los Angeles, CA||$112.30||NHC 7||$495 + $500|
|8||John F.||Hudson, OH ||$107.00||NHC 8||$495 + $500|
|9||Kenneth S.||East Amherst, NY||$106.40||NHC 9||$495 + $500|
|10||Phil H.||Wichita Falls, TX||$102.60||HPWS*||$495 + $500|
|11||Don A.||Bradley, AR||$100.00||NHC 10||$330 + $500|
|12 ||Stephen D.||Williamsburg, VA||$98.90||NHC 11||$330 + $500|
|13||Richard N.||Lexington, KY||$98.10||HPWS*||$330 + $500|
|14||Tom Q.||Monterey Park||$97.80||HPWS*||$330 + $500|
|15||Blaise B.||Highland Heights, OH||$97.70||NHC 12||$330 + $500|
|16||Rick S.||Rolling Prairie, IN||$97.00||HPWS*||$330 + $500|
|17||Tim M.||Lavista, NE||$96.80||HPWS* ||$330 + $500|
|18||Larry F.||Sonoma, CA||$96.50||NHC 13||$330 + $500|
|19 tie||David C.||Pottstown, PA||$96.40||NHC 14||$330 + $500|
|19||James S.||Rensselaer, NY||$96.40||NHC 15||$330 + $500|
|21||Bryan W.||New Orleans, LA||$93.60||HPWS*||$165 + $500|
|22 ||Timothy H.||Chicago, IL||$91.20||HPWS*||$165 + $500|
|23||Matthew W.||Fort Collins, CO||$91.00||HPWS*||$165 + $500|
|24 ||Garett S.||Chicago, IL||$89.80||NHC 16||$165 + $500|
|25 ||Cheryl K.||Hacienda Heights, CA||$89.20||HPWS*||$165 + $500|
|26 tie||Mark R.||Pembroke Pines, FL||$88.30||NHC 17||$165 + $500|
|26 ||William S.||Reistertown, MD||$88.30||NHC 18||$165 + $500|
|28||Howard S.||Buffalo Grove, IL||$87.10||NHC 19||$165 + $500|
|29 ||Mark S. ||Mission Viejo, CA||$85.70||HPWS*||$165 + $500|
|30||Thomas S.||Cheektowaga, NY||$85.60||NHC 20||$165 + $500 |
|31 ||John M.||Wheeling, WV||$85.50||HPWS||$500|
|32 ||George S.||Chicago, IL||$85.20||HPWS||$500|
|33 ||Robert S.||Commerce Township, MI||$84.80||HPWS||$500|
|34 ||John H. ||Newton, MA||$84.60||HPWS||$500|
|35 ||Shilo M.||Randallstown, MD||$84.20||HPWS||$500|
|36 ||Bradley S.||Madison, AL||$80.10||HPWS||$500|
|37 ||Mark S. ||Mission Viejo, CA||$80.00||HPWS||$500|
|38 ||Anne M. ||Oceanside, CA||$78.60||HPWS||$500|
|39||Robert Y.||Auburn, CA||$77.40||HPWS||$500|
|40 ||Joe J. ||Renton, WA||$77.10||HPWS||$500|
|41 ||Chris S.||Denham Springs, LA||$76.10||HPWS||$500|
|42 ||Richard S.||Mechanicsburg, PA||$76.00||HPWS||$500|
|43 ||Gerard C.||Santa Monica, CA||$75.60||HPWS||$500|
|44 tie||James P.||Foxboro, MA||$75.40||HPWS||$500|
|44||Gregory B.||Los Angeles, CA ||$75.40||HPWS||$500|
|46 ||Wade W.||Jackson, MN||$75.00||HPWS||$500|
|47 ||David D.||Ranco Cucamonga||$74.90||HPWS||$500|
|48 tie||Randy S.||West Covina, CA||$73.50||HPWS||$500|
|48||Ronnie O. ||Spencer, OK||$73.50||HPWS||$500|
|50 ||Brian K. ||Erlanger, KY||$72.60||HPWS ||$500|
OFFICIAL RULES FOR THE TWINSPIRES ONLINE HANDICAPPING CHAMPIONSHIP
- Saturday’s Championship Entry Fee is $1,000.
- A maximum of two (2) entries are allowed per player.
- The Championship Tournament will be contested over 15 mandatory races on Saturday, Nov. 19
- If a tournament race is cancelled or declared no contest, it will not be replaced in the tournament. TwinSpires.com reserves the right to change the date of the Championship in the event of race cancellations at multiple tracks.
- All tournament bets are mythical $2 Win and Place (combination) wagers.
- Tournament bets may only be placed on one (1) horse or entry per race.
- Scoring is based on actual results and payoffs at the host track.
- Payoffs are capped at 25-1 to Win and 12-1 to Place.
- After all 15 tournament races are declared official, the player with the highest winnings will be declared the winner.
- The top 20 finishers will be awarded a National Handicapping Championship Prize Package, which includes entry to the NHC and hotel accommodations for three (3) nights at Treasure Island Las Vegas. Important notice: all players who finish in the Top 20 MUST have purchased a NTRA Tour Membership prior to Saturday, Nov. 19 in order to be awarded a NHC Prize Package.
- In the event a player who has already won a NHC entry finishes in the top 20, s/he will receive a Horse Player World Series Prize Package and his or her NHC Prize Package will be awarded to the next highest eligible player.
- Players who finish 21st – 50th will receive a Horse Player World Series Prize Package, which includes both entry to the HPWS and hotel accommodations for four (4) nights at The Orleans.
- Tiebreakers: In the event there is a tie between two or more players for any cash prize, the sum of the cash prizes earned among all tied players will be divided equally between the tied players. If there is a tie between two or more players for the final NHC Prize Package or Horse Player World Series Package to be awarded, the following tie breakers will be used, in order, to break the tie: most winners, most top 2 finishers, highest win payoff, 2nd-highest win payoff, 3rd-highest win payoff, most top 3 finishers. If a tie still remains, contestants will, at TwinSpires’ discretion, either receive the prize, share the prize equally, or will be invited to participate in a "playoff". TwinSpires will make the final decision on any disputes or unforeseen circumstances involving ties.
OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP RACES FOR SATURDAY, NOV. 19
|Contest Race ||Track and Race #||Type/Dist/Surface||Post Time (ET) |
|1||Aqueduct 6||Stakes, 1 1/16m, Turf||2:48|
|2||Hawthorne 2||Claiming, 1 mile, Turf||3:11|
|3||Churchill 7||Allowance, 1 mile, Turf||3:36|
|4||Aqueduct 8||G3, 1 1/8 miles, Dirt||3:46|
|5||Hollywood 3||Maiden, 1 mile, Turf||4:31|
|6||Churchill 9||G3, 1 1/8 miles, Turf||4:37|
|7||Delta 6||G3, 1 mile, Dirt||4:43|
|8||Churchill 10||Maiden Clm, 7F, Dirt||5:08|
|9||Delta 7||G3, 1 1/16 miles, Dirt||5:15|
|10||Hollywood 5||Allowance, 6F, Turf||5:34|
|11||Delta 8||Stakes, 1 mile, Dirt||5:45|
|12 ||Hollywood 6||Maiden, 6 1/2F, Synth||6:05|
|13||Hawthorne 8||Claiming, 1 1/16m, Turf||6:17|
|14||Hawthorne 9||Alw-Opt Clm, 6F, Dirt||6:48|
|15||Hollywood 8||G1, 1 1/2 miles, Turf||7:07|