Sunday, June 14
With American Pharoah’s Triple Crown sweep in the history books, the road to the Canadian Triple Crown gets underway in earnest with the running of the Woodbine Oaks and Plate Trial this Sunday at Woodbine.
In contrast to its American counterpart, the Kentucky Oaks, the Woodbine Oaks serves as a major stepping stone for three-year-old fillies to the first leg of the Canadian Crown, the Queen’s Plate. In fact, Lexie Lou pulled off the Woodbine Oaks-Queen’s Plate Double just last year. For colts and geldings, the Plate Trial serves as the last major prep for the Queen’s Plate, held at the same 1 1/4 miles distance as the Kentucky Derby, albeit over a polytrack surface.
In addition to big stakes and competitive racing, Woodbine is guaranteeing a pair of $100,000 Pick 4 pools while also offering south-of-the-border punters the opportunity to play their new Pick 5 wager for just 20 cents. In turn, TwinSpires is cranking up the value on both bets by offering a 1 Million Points bounty across both Pick 4 pools and on the Pick 5.
Early Pick 4: There was one winner in the Early Pick 4 on TwinSpires.
Late Pick 4: There were 11 winners in the Late Pick 4 on TwinSpires.
Each winning share of the 1 Million Points Pick 4 Bonus is worth 83,334 TSC Elite Points.
There were no winners in the Woobdine Pick 5 on TwinSpires. Thanks to everyone for playing the Woodbine Oaks card with TwinSpires.
How To Win
- Cash a winning ticket in either $100,000 Guaranteed Pick 4 on the Woodbine Oaks program to earn one (1) share of 1 Million Points.
- Cash a winning ticket in both Pick 4 Pools to earn two (2) shares of 1 Million Points.
- Cash a winning ticket in the Pick 5 to earn one (1) share of 1 Million Points.
- Players may earn up to two (2) shares of the 1 Million Points prize covering both Pick 4 pools
- Players may earn only one (1) share of the 1 Million Points prize on the Pick 5, regardless of the number of winning tickets cashed.
Winners and shared earned will be announced on or before Monday, June 15. Points prizes will be credited on or before Tuesday, June 16.