One of the most anticipated dates on the racing calendar is the day after Christmas, when "The Great Race Place" at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains opens its doors for a four-month winter/spring stand. Also known as opening day at Santa Anita, it’s one day of racing you won’t want to miss.
As usual, TwinSpires.com has you covered from gate-to-wire on opening day and throughout the entire Santa Anita meeting. Wednesday’s opening day highlights include a pair of Grade I stakes and a $400,000 Guaranteed Pick 4.
Opening Day at Santa Anita highlights:
- Special 12 Noon (Pacific) post time.
- $300,000 Malibu Stakes (G1) for three-year-olds at 7 furlongs on the main track.
- $300,000 La Brea Stakes (G1) for three-year-old fillies at 7 furlongs on the main track.
- $150,000 Sir Beaufort Stakes (G2) for three-year-olds at 1 mile on the turf course.
- $400,000 Guaranteed Pick 4
Plus, you can get BRIS Ultimate PPs for the entire Santa Anita meeting FREE of charge, every time you wager on the corresponding Santa Anita program with your TwinSpires.com account. BRIS Ultimate PPs for Wednesday’s opening day card will be available in the Handicapping area by December 24.
Also be sure to check out our custom Southern California handicapping products:
- Under Thoroughbred Selections/Analysis: Bob Selvin’s Fair Odds and Analysis
- Under Clocker Reports: National Turf Clocker’s Report with Andy Harrington
Each report is designed to give you a competitive advantage of knowing the fair value and physical fitness of the top contenders in every race on the Santa Anita card. Both are great assets to veteran and novice handicappers alike.