The 4th Annual TwinSpires Online Handicapping Championship takes place this Saturday, November 29 and will award $50,000 in cash and 50 Vegas Seats to the top 50 finishers. You can join an expected field of 550 or more entries who will be competing for a top prize of $10,000 and one of 20 seats to the 2014 National Handicapping Championship.
Just three years ago, Michael Beychok parlayed a 3rd place finish in our Championship into a $1,000,000 payday in the 2012 NHC. You could be next!
OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP RESULTS
Congratulations to Rocky Hardy, winner of the 2014 TwinSpires Online Handicapping Championship.
Click for the Official Top 50 Prize Winners List below.
NHC SEATS CAN ONLY BE AWARDED TO NHC TOUR MEMBERS
All Players must purchase an NHC Tour Membership for $50 prior to Nov. 29 in order to be eligible to win a NHC Seat. Click here to sign up for the NHC Tour.
OFFICIAL RULES – SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 29
Contest Type: Tournament Championship
Entry Fee: $500
Max Entries: 2 per player
Total Entries: Capped at 700
Format: Mythical $2 Win/Place bets, payouts capped at $42.00 Win & $22.00 Place.
Winners: Determined by highest accumulated bankroll from all contest wagers.
Prizes: Top 50 finishers earn cash prizes and Vegas seats (see below for details)
Cancellations: Cancelled races will NOT be replaced.
- Ties for cash prizes will not be broken. Cumulative cash prizes earned by any tied players will be divided equally between the tied players.
- The following tiebreakers will be used to break any tie for the final NHC and/or final HPWS Prize package, as follows: (in order): most winners, most top 2 finishers, highest win payoff, 2nd-highest win payoff, 3rd-highest win payoff, most top 3 finishers. If a tie still exists after using the finish positions of all selections, the highest total odds of all selections (among those still tied) will be used to break the tie. In the event a tie is still not broken, the remaining players still tied may be asked to participate in a “playoff”. TwinSpires will make the final decision on any disputes or unforeseen circumstances involving ties.
CONTEST RACES FOR SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 29
1. Aqueduct 9—G2, 1 1/8M, Dirt—3:48
2. Fair Grounds 4—MCL, 5 1/2F, Turf—3:54
3. Tampa Bay 9—AOC, 6F, Dirt—4:10
4. Aqueduct 10—G1, 1M, Dirt—4:17
5. Churchill 9—G2, 1 1/16M, Dirt—4:35
6. Tampa Bay 10—CLM, 1M, Turf—4:45
7. Fair Grounds 6—CLM, 7 1/2F, Turf—4:51
8. Del Mar 4—MSW, 1 1/16M, Turf—5:00
9. Del Mar 5—CLM, 1M, All Weather—5:30
10. Churchill 11—G2, 1 1/16M, Dirt—5:35
11. Fair Grounds 8—AOC, 1M, Turf—5:49
12. Del Mar 6—G3, 1M, Turf—6:00
13. Hawthorne 8—G2, 1 1/4M, Dirt—6:20
14. Del Mar 7—AOC, 6F, All Weather—6:30
15. Hawthorne 9—CLM, 1 1/16M, Dirt—6:50
- 1st: $10,000 and entry to the National Handicapping Championship* in Las Vegas.
- 2nd: $4,000 and entry to the National Handicapping Championship* in Las Vegas.
- 3rd – 5th: $2,000 and entry to the National Handicapping Championship* in Las Vegas.
- 4th – 10th: $1,250 and entry to the National Handicapping Championship* in Las Vegas.
- 11th – 15th: $1,000 and entry to the National Handicapping Championship* in Las Vegas.
- 16th – 20th: $750 and entry to the National Handicapping Championship* in Las Vegas.
- 21st – 50th: $500 and entry to the Horse Player World Series in Las Vegas.
Important NHC Rules
- Any player finishing in the top 20 must be an NHC Tour member in order to earn entry to the NHC in Las Vegas. For more information on how to join the NHC Tour, please visit www.ntra.com/nhctour.
- Per NHC Rules, only one (1) NHC entry can be awarded to a single player in the same qualifying tournament. In the event a player with two entries places both entries in the top 20, his or her 2nd highest placing will be awarded a HPWS entry and the 2nd NHC seat will be awarded to the next eligible player in line.
- In the event a player who has won the maximum 2 entries to the NHC places in the top 20, he or she will be awarded a HPWS entry and his or her NHC entry will be awarded to the next eligible player in line.
- NHC Tour Points will be awarded based on total number of unique players (not total entries). Total unique players will be announced on this page on Saturday, Nov. 29.
NHC and HPWS prizes packages include hotel accomodations for both tournaments. Winners must arrange for their own transportation to and from Las Vegas, NV. No additional credits will be awarded for travel.
NHC and HPWS Seats include up to a 4-night stay at the tournament hotel. The 2014 NHC will be contested at Treasure Island Las Vegas, January 23-25, 2015. The Horse Player World Series will take place March 26-28, 2015 at The Orleans Hotel and Casino. All qualifiers should plan to arrive in Las Vegas to check in the day before each tournament is scheduled to begin.