Derby season officially gets underway with Fair Grounds "Road to the Derby Kickoff" on Saturday, January 21. This highly anticipated day of racing features a six pack of stakes races, including the 68th running of the G3 $175,000 Lecomte Stakes for three-year-olds aiming for the Louisiana Derby on April 1.
TwinSpires is celebrating the "Bayou Road to the Derby" by offering up a prize pool of 5,000,000 Twin Spires Club Points to all players who can place winning $20 Show, Place and Win wagers on the three major Kentucky Derby prep races at Fair Grounds – the Lecomte, Risen Star and Louisiana Derby. Just cash a winning contest wager on the races below to win a share of our 5-Million Points Bayou Bounty!
OFFICIAL CONTEST WINNERS ANNOUNCED — ALL 106 PLAYERS SPLIT THE PRIZE!
Official Contest Races
|Race Date||Wager Type||Track ||Race||# of Contest Wagers Allowed||Live Players|
|1/21/2012||$20 to Show on 1 horse||Fair Grounds||Lecomte Stakes||Players may place up to 3 contest wagers; only the first 3 contest wagers placed will count in the contest.||138|
|2/25/2012||$20 to Place on 1 horse||Fair Grounds||Risen Star Stakes||Players may place up to 2 contest wagers; only the first 2 contest wagers placed will count in the contest||106|
|4/1/2012||$20 to Win on 1 horse||Fair Grounds||Louisiana Derby||Players may place only 1 contest wager; only the first contest wager placed will count in the contest|
How to Play – IMPORTANT CONTEST INFORMATION
- To win a prize, players must place a minimum of one winning $20 contest wager on a single horse or entry in all of the designated contest races.
- Players may place up to three contest wagers on the Lecomte Stakes and up to 2 contest wagers on the Risen Star Stakes in an effort to advance to the final round of the contest on April 1. However, players may only earn one share of the 5,000,000 points prize pool regardless of the number of winning contest wagers placed in rounds 1 and 2.
- Combination Win/Place, Win/Show, Place/Show and Win/Place/Show wagers are not eligible for contest play.
- Wagers involving multiple horses on the same ticket are not eligible for contest play.
- On 1/21/2012, a contest wager is defined as any of the first three $20 Show wagers placed on a single horse or entry in the Lecomte Stakes at Fair Grounds by an individual player.
- On 2/25/2012, a contest wager is defined as any of the first two $20 Place wagers placed on a single horse or entry in the Risen Star Stakes at Fair Grounds by an individual player.
- On 4/1/2012, a contest wager is defined as only the first $20 Win wager placed on a single horse or entry in the Louisiana Derby at Fair Grounds by an individual player.
General Rules and Information
- Contest wagers must be placed with a TwinSpires wagering account.
- Players must place all contest wagers for $20 on a single horse or entry in the three designated contest races.
- Results will be a determined by the official order of finish for each race.
- If no player places a winning contest wager in all three contest races, players who place a winning contest wager in at least two of the three contest races will win or split 5,000,000 TSC Points.
- Check for scratches. Any wager that is refunded due to a scratched horse will not count in the contest.
Points will be awarded in Player Accounts by Wednesday, April 4, 2012.