Can you predict which horse in the second Kentucky Derby Future Wager pool (Feb 12 – 14) will offer the best value on Kentucky Derby day?
Take the Beat The Price Challenge and, in addition to locking in a great price on a potential Kentucky Derby starter, you could win or split 1 Million TSC Elite Points if your horse just makes it into the starting gate on May 7. Last year, 18 TwinSpires players got a huge thrill when Firing Line – their Future Wager bet at odds of 35/1 – led the Kentucky Derby field into the stretch. While he fell just short to American Pharoah, they collected 55,556 TSC Elite Points each because he offered the best value of all horses in Future Wager Pool 2, when compared to his Derby days odds of 9/1.
Wagering on KDFW Pool 2 will begin Friday, February 12 at noon (Eastern) and will close on Sunday, February 14 at 6 p.m. (Eastern Time).
Official winners will be announced on Kentucky Derby day, but Beat The Price Challenge Will Pays for each of the 23 named entrants will be posted on or before Tuesday, February 16.
How to Play:
- To enter the contest, players must bet exactly $15 to Win on a single horse in the Kentucky Derby Future Wager (Pool 2) between February 12 and 14.
- Only one (1) entry per player; only a player’s first $15 Win wager on a single horse will qualify.
- Only the 23 named horses in KDFW Pool 2 are eligible for contest play; wagers on #24 – the Mutuel Field – will not count in the contest.
How to Win:
- 1 Million Points will be divided equally among all players who place a qualifying contest wager on the horse whose Final Win Odds in KDFW Pool 2 exceed its Final Win Odds in the Kentucky Derby by the greatest numerical value.
- Wagers must be placed for exactly $15 to Win on a single horse in KDFW Pool 2 to qualify in the contest.
- Only one entry is permitted per player; only a player’s first $15 Win wager on a single horse qualifies as his or her official contest entry.
- Only the 23 named horses are eligible for contest play; wagers on entry #24 – the Mutuel Field – will not count in the contest.
- All qualifying contest wagers on horses that do not start in the Kentucky Derby on Saturday, May 2 are disqualified from winning a prize.
- Winners are determined by subtracting the final win odds for all horses in the Kentucky Derby from their respective final win odds in KDFW Pool 2. The horse with the largest remaining value will be declared the “highest value horse.” For example, a horse with the Final Win Odds of 30-1 in KDFW Pool 2 and Final Win Odds of 5-1 in the Kentucky Derby will have a numerical value of 25.
- A 1-Million Points prize will be divided equally among all players who placed a qualifying contest wager on the “highest value horse” in KDFW Pool 2.
Official winners will announced on or before Sunday, May 8. Points prizes will be credited on or before Wednesday, May 10.