The third leg of the Canadian Triple Crown, the $500,000 Breeders’ Stakes, takes place this Sunday at Woodbine. While there’s no Triple Crown on the line this year, the third Jewel will feature a rematch between Queen’s Plate winner Strait of Dover and the Prince of Wales Stakes-winning filly, Dixie Strike. The pair clashed previously in the Queen’s Plate, in which Strait of Dover rolled to a front-running 1 1/4-length victory over Irish Mission, with Dixie Strike a troubled third, five lengths behind the winner.
A full field is expected for Canada’s "Test of the Champion," to be contested over 1 1/2 miles on the sweeping E. P. Taylor turf course. TwinSpires.com Players can get in on the action by playing in our 1-Million Points Breeders’ Stakes Showdown. Just cash a $5 Show bet on as many races on the Breeders’ Stakes card as you can this Sunday at Woodbine and you could win or split 1,000,000 TSC Elite Points with all other winners.
The contest kicks off with the first race on the card, starting at approximately 1:00 p.m. Eastern, 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time. There are 10 races on the Breeders’ Stakes program.
Sunday’s Official Winner Announced:
Congratulations to Steven L. who cashed winning contest wagers in nine of the 10 contest races on Sunday and won 1,000,000 TSC Elite points!
Thanks to everyone for playing the Breeders’ Stakes Showdown with TwinSpires.com.
Breeders’ Stakes Showdown qualifiers
How to Play:
- To play, just cash a $5 Show bet on a single horse or entry in as many races as you can on the Breeders’ Stakes program at Woodbine on Sunday, August 5th with your TwinSpires.com account.
- The player(s) who cash a winning $5 Show bet on the most races on the Breeders’ Stakes program will be declared the winner(s).
- One horse per contest wager: Official contest wager is $5 to Show on a single horse or coupled entry.
- One contest wager per race: For the purposes of contest play, only a Player’s first $5 Show wager on a designated contest race will count in the contest.
- No combo bets: Multi-horse or combination Win/Show, Win/Place/Show and Place/Show wagers are not eligible for contest play.
- Contest races: All 10 races on the Breeders’ Stakes program at Woodbine on Sunday, August 5th are eligible for contest play.
- Scratches: In the event a Player’s contest wager is refunded due to a scratch, s/he may place another contest wager on the same race. There will be no automatic favorite replacements in the event of a scratch.
- Prize(s): 1,000,000 TSC Elite points prize will be awarded to the Player, or divided equally among all Players, who place(s) a winning contest wager ($5 Win) in the most contest races.
Results will be posted by Monday, August 6th. Winning accounts will be credited by Tuesday, August 7th.