Captaintreacherous, harness racing’s defending Pacer of the Year, heads a field of seven sophomore pacers entered in a $50,000 three-year-old Invitational pace at Hoosier Park on Saturday, September 21. With wins in the 2013 Meadowlands Pace and North America Cup, Captaintreacherous ships to Hoosier Park’s seven-eighths mile oval after a win in the $360,211 Cane Pace on September 2.
While looking to score his eighth win of the season, the connections of the harness racing superstar have agreed to donate 20% of Captraintreacherous’ earnings from Saturday’s race to assist the Animal Protection League, a local non-profit organization that finds homes for unwanted animals in the community. The evening will also be complimented by the $230,000 Centaur Trotting Classic and two $138,000 divisions of the Kentuckiana Stallion Management Stakes for two-year-old pacing fillies.
Along with the action taking place on the track, TwinSpires Players will have the opportunity to earn 15 TSC Elite Points for every dollar they wager on Hoosier Park and cash in on a 15% Pick 4 Bonus in a special $15,000 Guaranteed Pick-4 on races 8 through 11. The Pick-4, which offers a 50-cent minimum wager, will begin in the eighth race and will end with the $50,000 three-year-old Invitational pace, featuring Captaintreacherous, in the 11th race. Approximate post time for the first leg of the wager is at 7:50 p.m. (EST.). Live racing will kick-off on Saturday, September 21 at its’ regularly scheduled post of 5:30 p.m.
How to Earn 15X Points and a 15% Pick 4 Bonus
- All players will earn 15 TSC Elite Points per dollar wagered on Hoosier Park on Saturday, Sept. 21
- 4 Points per dollar wagered will be credited by Sunday, Sept. 22.
- An additioanl 11 Points per dollar wagered will be credited by Wednesday, Sept. 25.
- For each winning ticket a player cashes in the $15,000 Guaranteed Pick 4 (races 8-11), s/he will earn a bonus equal to 15% of his or her gross winnings.
- Pick 4 Bonuses are capped at $500 per player, per day.
- Bonus credits will be applied by Tuesday, September 24.