November 22 – 24
Qualify for the TwinSpires Online Handicapping Championship opening weekend at Fair Grounds. Just rack up a winning $10 Show bet in the most races on the Fair Grounds card this Friday, Saturday or Sunday and you’ll be playing for a share of $50,000 and one of 50 seats to the big Las Vegas tournaments.
We’re giving away a total of six seats to our Nov. 30 Online Handicapping Championship, two each day on November 22, 23 and 24. Find out how you can win below.
OFFICIAL RESULTS FOR FAIRGROUNDS SHOWDOWN
|Day/Date||Player||Winning Bets||Winnings||Nov. 30 Entry|
|Friday, 11/22||Michael E||8||$151.00||Yes|
|Friday, 11/22||Fran F||8||$128.00||Yes|
|Friday, 11/22||Arletta M||8||$117.00|
|Friday, 11/22||Donald H||8||$117.00|
|Friday, 11,22||Thomas F||8||$113.00|
|Saturday, 11/23||Dave F.||10||$181.00||Yes|
|Saturday, 11/23||Darrell A.||10||$151.00||Yes|
|Saturday, 11/23||Jeffrey B.||10||$136.50|
|Sunday, 11/24||Raymond W.||8||$143.00||Yes|
|Sunday, 11/24||Shawn T.||8||$95.50||$250|
|Sunday, 11/24||Debbie W.||8||$95.50||$250|
How to Play
- Place a $10 Show wager on a single horse in any race from Fair Grounds on Nov. 22, 23 or 24. Each day is a separate contest.
- One contest wager per race: only a player’s first $10 Show wager on a single horse or entry will count in the contest.
- Wagers must be placed for exactly $10 to Show; combination Win/Place/Show, Win/Show and Place/Show wagers will not qualify.
- Wagers using multiple horses will not qualify.
- Scratches must be rebet; wagers on scratched horses will not count as contest wagers.
How to Win
- The player who records a winning contest wager ($10 Show) in the most races on the Fair Grounds card will be declared the winner.
- A TwinSpires Online Handicapping Championship Entry will be awarded to the contest winner and runner up.
- Tiebreaker: In the event of a tie for any position awarding a Nov. 30 Championship Entry, total winnings from all contest wagers will be used to break the tie.
In the event a player who has already won the maximum 2 entries to the Nov. 30 Championship finishes high enough to win another entry, s/he will be awarded the cash equivalent of the entry fee ($500).
Results will be posted on this page on a next-day basis.
Opening Weekend Post Times at Fair Grounds
- Friday, Nov. 22: 3:00 p.m. Central Time
- Saturday, Nov. 23: 1:00 p.m. CT
- Sunday, Nov. 24:: 1:00 p.m. CT
For complete Fair Grounds 2013-2014 information click here.
Fair Grounds 2013-2014 Thoroughbred Racing Season
Dates: November 22, 2013 through March 30, 2014 (84 days)
Fair Grounds horse racing schedule:
Post Times: First post is 1 p.m. daily, except Exotic Starlight Racing (November 22; 3 p.m.), Thanksgiving Day (November 28, 11 a.m.), Starlight Racing (December 20, January 17, February 7, March 14; 5 p.m.), Major Stakes Days (December 14, January 18, February 22; 12:30 p.m.) and Louisiana Derby Day (March 29, 12:30 p.m.)
Handicapping Fair Grounds
Daily Selections full-card analysis with best bets is already available for Fair Grounds throughout the meeting, and the Louisiana Handicapper’s Sheet will be available beginning Thursday, December 5.
Are you an ALL-Ways user? A meet-long subscription is available for just $470 and includes both the ALL-Ways and Exotic Results files for each day of racing–a savings of more than 60%!
Fair Grounds Race Course Information:
Main track (dirt): 1 mile, oval
Distance from last turn to finish line: 1,346 feet
Turf: Approx. 7 furlongs
Bets available may include: Win, Place, Show, Exacta, Trifecta, Superfecta, Daily Daily Double, Pick 3, Pick 4, PIck 5 and Black Gold 5.
Bet the Fair Grounds Racecourse horse racing online on TwinSpires and watch race replays for free on TwinSpiresTV!