Free Horse Racing Picks
Want the latest analysis and free picks on upcoming horse races from tracks around the United States and worldwide?
Get expert insights from our TwinSpires network of thoroughbred racing professionals who live and breathe horse racing every day.
Find handicapping news for America’s top tracks including Santa Anita, Churchill Downs, Gulfstream, Aqueduct, Belmont Park and more! Check out the list below for our latest free horse racing picks, or visit our Handicapping News page for the full archive!
Latest Handicapping News & Picks from TwinSpires
- 2021 Kentucky Derby News & NotesThe Kentucky Derby news and notes offers all of our coverage cultivated in one place! This resource is for those who want to bookmark and stay up to date on the Kentucky Derby.
- Aqueduct track update for March 30The winter meet at Aqueduct just concluded and their Spring Meet starts this week with features like the Carter H. (G1) and the Wood Memorial (G2).
- How to bet the mandatory Pick 6 payouts at Gulfstream and Turfway ParkA pair of Pick 6 jackpots will undergo mandatory dispersals on Saturday, including a rich pot at Gulfstream projected to reach $7.5 million.
- Scully’s spot plays for Gulfstream, Turfway Park on March 27Kentucky Derby qualifiers are among the handicapping picks on stakes-packed programs at Gulfstream Park and Turfway Park
- How to bet the Gulfstream Park OaksThe key prep for the Kentucky Oaks (G1) at Churchill Downs on April 30 will reward the first four across the wire with points on a 100-40-20-10 structure.
- Finding my value horse in Pool 5 of the KDFWWith more than five weeks until the Run for the Roses, the search for value continues as a bevy of things could go wrong with any horse between now and May 1.
- Gulfstream Park Pick 4 play for March 27An excellent four-race sequence closes out a monstrous day of racing at Gulfstream Park on Saturday, which is capped by the $750,000 Florida Derby (G1).
- Vulnerable favorites in the Single 6 at Turfway Park on SaturdayWith big and competitive fields in the sequence, I think that the majority of the favorites are vulnerable and that the return of the wager could be especially healthy.
Meet the TwinSpires Team of Horse Racing Experts
Discover where you can find your favorite racing handicapper, analyst or free picks!
James Scully writes/handicaps for Brisnet.com, TwinSpires.com and KentuckyDerby.com. He started working for Brisnet.com in 1998. A graduate of Transylvania University, James has been a lifelong University of Kentucky and Cincinnati Bengals/Reds fan. He remembers watching Seattle Slew on TV and attended his first Kentucky Derby in 1981.
Vance Hanson is a contributing writer and editor for BRISnet.com, TwinSpires.com and KentuckyDerby.com with over 20 years of Thoroughbred racing experience. Prior to joining the Churchill Downs Inc. family, he served as a publicity assistant at Canterbury Park in Minnesota and as a writer for Daily Racing Form.
Kellie Reilly is a regular contributor to TwinSpires.com and KentuckyDerby.com. Her articles have also been featured on NBCSports.com and in the official Kentucky Derby program. A racing fan since childhood, Kellie is especially interested in pedigrees and the international racing scene.
Scott Shapiro handicaps thoroughbred racing for Twin Spires.com, is part of the Churchill Downs on-air simulcast team, and analyzes pro football, PGA golf, & NCAA basketball for BetAmerica.com. His favorite horses are A.P. Indy, Fly So Free, Victory Gallop, and Ghostzapper.
Churchill Downs, Fair Grounds and Twinspires.com racing analyst Joe Kristufek began his career in his native Chicago, climbing the ladder at the local racing venues. Joe’s industry experience spans from Dubai to Hong Kong to more than 35 tracks across North America. He is also an award winning TV producer and fan development specialist.
Ed DeRosa is director of marketing for Brisnet.com, the official data source of the Kentucky Derby and TwinSpires.com. Ed joined Churchill Downs Inc. in July 2011 following nine years as a writer and editor with Thoroughbred Times. He grew up in Cleveland and learned to love horse racing while going to Thistledown with his grandfather.
J. Keeler Johnson (also known as “Keelerman”) is a writer, blogger, videographer, handicapper, and all-around horse racing enthusiast who was drawn to the sport by Curlin’s quest to become North America’s richest racehorse. He contributes horse racing picks and insights for TwinSpires.com and BetAmerica.com.
John Mucciolo is a writer/handicapper who is a regular contributor to Brisnet.com TwinSpires.com, and KentuckyDerby.com. He began working for Brisnet.com in 2001. A father of three, John credits racehorse Formal Gold, and bloodstock agent Richard Galpin, for transforming his hobby into a career.
Tim Holland finished third in 2003 in one of six appearances in the National Handicapping Finals in Las Vegas and was twice a member of the winning Keeneland team. A former exercise rider and horse farm manager, Tim owns a small farm where he breeds mares and raises a few thoroughbreds. Since 2010 Tim has compiled the BRIS Daily Selections at various tracks throughout the year.
Frank Cotolo has been a horse racing journalist since the 1970s. He has been published in major magazines on the subject of betting pari-mutuels and was editor of the popular TIMES: in harness weekly, where he won a John Hervey Award for magazine journalism. An initial voice on ADW sites, he wrote for YouBet and moved to TwinSpires.
Bio coming soon…
Bio coming soon…
Nicolle Neulist is an experienced horse racing industry writer based in Chicago. In addition to her insights and horse racing picks found on TwinSpires.com and Brisnet.com, she writes on her own Blinkers Off blog and hosts the Chicago Race of the Day podcast
Bio coming soon…
Handicapping Educational Resources
- What are jackpot wagers, and how do you win one?Perhaps you’ve heard about jackpot-style wagers and the huge payoffs they can produce. Perhaps you want to get in on the action. But where do you begin?
- One-turn vs. two-turn miles: Subtly but significantly differentThe majority of Thoroughbreds racetracks in North America are one-mile dirt ovals. But not all miles are created equal.
- TwinSpires player invests $4.80 to score $16k Super High 5 on live streamTwinSpires player Andrew Blackmore shared the thrill of a big score with live-stream viewers at Pompano Park for $16k.
- 3 trends to consider when betting Hong Kong racingPlanning to bet the ultra-competitive races in Hong Kong this winter? Here are three helpful handicapping trends to keep in mind:
- 3 trends to remember when betting Fair Grounds racingPlanning to bet on Fair Grounds this winter? Here are three handicapping trends to keep in mind.
Find more handicapping and betting educational information and resources here.