After a big opening day with the Claiming Crown, one the year’s most anticipated thoroughbred meets is off and running at Gulfstream Park. The annual winter/spring meeting features some of the best thoroughbred racing of the year, highlighted by the Grade I, $1,000,000 Florida Derby on Saturday, March 30.
Gulfstream races five days a week, Wednesday through Sunday, starting at 12:45 p.m. Eastern Time. Some of the most anticipated dates on the Gulfstream calendar include:
- Saturday, January 19: Florida Sunshine Millions Day: 6 stakes worth $1.3 million, including the $400,000 Sunshine Millions Classic.
- Saturday, February 9: $500,000 Donn Handicap (G1)
- Saturday, February 23: $400,000 Fountain of Youth Stakes (G2) and $250,000 Davona Dale Stakes (G2)
- Saturday, March 9: $300,000 Gulfstream Park Handicap (G2)
- Saturday, March 30: $1,000,000 Florida Derby (G1) and $300,000 Gulfstream Park Oaks (G2)
Some of the most popular wagers on the Gulfstream betting menu include:
- $0.50 Trifectas on all races
- $0.50 Pick 4 and Pick 5
- $0.10 Superfectas on all races
- $0.10 Rainbow Pick 6 (Jackpot payout for single ticket winner only)
- $1 Super Hi-5 on the last race of the day.
No matter how bad the weather may be where you are, you can catch all of the high-class thoroughbred action from sunny South Florida all winter long with TwinSpires.com.