Play Let 8 Ride every Wednesday at Delta Downs!
HOW TO PLAY | CONTEST RACES / PRIZES | OFFICIAL RULES | OFFICIAL WINNERS
TwinSpires.com players can parlay an $8 Win bet on Wednesday’s 8th race at Delta Downs into extra cash – up to $1,000 – on top of their winnings every week when they Play Let 8 Ride. Hit two winners in a row to be eligible for Friday’s $500 "Insurance Pool." Win your way to Saturday night for a chance to win or split $1,000 and etch your name into the "Jay Trotter Wall of Fame."
$500 "Insurance Pool" to be divided equally among all eligible contest players who place losing contest wagers on Friday’s 8th race at Delta Downs during the contest week.
$1,000 "Jackpot Pool" to be divided equally among all eligible contest players who place a winning or losing contest wager on Saturday’s 8th race at Delta Downs during the contest week.
HOW TO PLAY
- Starting Wednesday, January 4, a new contest will begin every Wednesday night and will end either when no eligible players are remaining or on the following Saturday night, whichever occurs first.
- The official contest bet type is Win (no combo Win/Place, Win/Place/Show or Win/Show) bets are allowed.
- The official contest race will be the 8th race each night at Delta Downs.
- Players advance in the contest from night to night by placing a winning Win wager for the specified contest bet amount each night. The required bet amounts will change as players are required to reinvest their winnings from the previous night in order to continue in the contest. Players MUST place their contest bets for the specific amount listed on the Contest Races/Prizes page each night by submitting a single Win ticket. Uncommon bet amounts such as $21 or $68 may be placed by selecting the "Other" option during the "Bet Amount" stage of wagering on TwinSpires Classic, TV, Express or Pro. Two separate wagers totaling the specified Bet Amount will not count in the contest.
- Players who advance past Wednesday must check the Contest Races/Prizes page to obtain the Official Win Bet amounts for Thursday, Friday and Saturday in order to continue in the contest. Players who do not place the exact bet amounts required on any contest night will be disqualified from contest play.
- Wednesday play: A new game starts each Wednesday at Delta Downs. To play the game, place an $8 Win bet on a single horse in the 8th race on Wednesday’s card at Delta Downs using your TwinSpires.com wagering account. Only $8 Win bets on one horse or entry are eligible for contest play. Using multiple horses in a single wager is not allowed. Combination Win/Place, Win/Place/Show or Win/Show bets are not eligible for contest play.
- Thursday play: If your Wednesday contest wager is a winner, you may continue in the game on Thursday by reinvesting all of your winnings from Wednesday’s winning contest bet – rounded down to the nearest dollar – to Win on a single horse or entry on Thursday’s program at Delta Downs using your TwinSpires.com wagering account. The official Win bet amount required for Thursday’s card will be listed on the Contest Races/Prizes page. Only one contest wager is allowed, if more than one Win wager is placed for the official contest bet amount, only the player’s first wager will count in the contest.
- Friday play ($500 Insurance Pool): If your Thursday contest wager is a winner, you may continue in the game on Friday by reinvesting all of your winnings from Thursday’s winning contest bet – rounded down to the nearest dollar – to Win on a single horse or entry on Friday’s program at Delta Downs. The official Win bet amount required for Friday’s card will be listed on the Contest Races/Prizes page. Only one contest wager is allowed, if more than one Win wager is placed for the official contest bet amount, only the player’s first wager will count in the contest. All players who choose to continue in the contest by placing the required Win wager on Friday’s card are eligible to win or split a prize of $500 in the event their contest wagers do not win. All players who play on Friday and fail to advance to Saturday’s card will split the $500 Insurance Pool equally.
- Saturday play ($1,000 Jackpot Pool): If your Friday contest wager is a winner, you may continue in the game on Saturday by reinvesting all of your winnings from Friday’s winning contest bet – rounded down to the nearest dollar – to Win on a single horse or entry on Saturday’s program at Delta Downs. The official Win bet amount required for Saturday’s card will be listed on the Contest Races/Prizes page. Only one contest wager is allowed, if more than one Win wager is placed for the official contest bet amount, only the player’s first wager will count in the contest. All players who choose to continue in the contest by placing the required Win wager on Saturday’s card are eligible to win or split a prize of $1,000 regardless of whether their contest wagers are winners or not. All players who play on Saturday will split the $1,000 Jackpot Pool equally. It the event a qualified player does not place a contest wager on Saturday’s card, he will be declared ineligible to collect any share of the Jackpot Pool.
- Cancellation policy: In the event Wednesday’s 8th race at Delta Downs is canceled, the contest will begin on Thursday’s card based on Wednesday’s contest rules. In the event Thursday’s 8th race is canceled, all eligible players will advance automatically to Friday’s 8th race and Friday’s Insurance Pool will be awarded in accordance with Friday’s contest rules. In the event Friday’s 8th race is canceled, all eligible players will advance automatically to Saturday’s 8th race and Saturdays’ Jackpot Pool will be awarded in accordance with Saturday’s contest rules.
OFFICIAL CONTEST DATES AND TRACKS
Starting January 4, a new contest will begin every Wednesday night at Delta Downs and will end either when no eligible players are remaining or on the following Saturday night, whichever occurs first.
The final contest will be held the week of March 14-17, 2012.
The TwinSpires Let 8 Ride contest (the "Contest") is open to TwinSpires.com registered players only; legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years or older. The following states have higher age requirements: Alabama (min. age 19), Iowa (min. age 21), New Hampshire (min. age 21), Washington (min. age 21). TwinSpires.com is a free service; sign-up opportunities exist via beta.twinspires.com or by calling 877-SPIRES-1. Employees of Churchill Downs Incorporated and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, their advertising agencies and racing officials and their immediate families are not eligible to participate.
By entering, all participants and/or entrants release Churchill Downs Technology Initiatives Company and its parent company, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective employees, officers, directors, agents and shareholders, from and against all claims and damages arising in connection with each entrant’s participation and/or entry in this Promotion and/or their receipt or use of any prize awarded in this Promotion. This promotion is governed by U.S. law and is void where prohibited by law.
METHOD OF ENTRY
The contest is open to all TwinSpires.com customers who have a valid, open TwinSpires.com wagering account. Players with valid TwinSpires.com wagering accounts may automatically enter the contest at any time by placing an $8 Win wager in a single horse or entry a designated contest track on any Wednesday program at Delta Downs from January 4 – March 14, 2012. Players at Fair Grounds Race Course and their OTBs are eligible for this contest and can enter by using their TwinSpires.com wagering accounts at their respective facilities.
Churchill Downs Incorporated and TwinSpires.com each reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Contest and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Churchill Downs Incorporated and TwinSpires.com may, in its sole discretion, prevent an entrant who has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility, or is otherwise ineligible to receive a prize, from continuing to participate in the Contest.
TwinSpires’ decisions with respect to the potential winner and any other matters pertaining to the Promotion shall be final. The potential Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release of liability and publicity (where permitted), and return same, properly executed, within five (5) days of issuance of prize notification. If TwinSpires is unable to contact the potential winner within five (5) days of the initial attempt to contact, if a potential winner fails to complete and return all requested forms by the specified date or if a potential winner fails to comply with any of the requirements, his/her prize will be forfeited and an alternate prize winner shall be selected. By entering the Promotion, all entrants consent to the use of their name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, including online announcements, worldwide and without limitation and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. The odds of winning depend upon the odds of the horses that win their respective contest races.
All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with a prize or the acceptance and use of any element of a prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the respective winner. All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are winner’s responsibility. Prizes may not be transferred or exchanged.
If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of TwinSpires, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this contest, TwinSpires and its affiliates/agents reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and select winners in a manner, which in the sole judgment of TwinSpires, is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. TwinSpires and its affiliates/agents reserve the right to disqualify any individual who violates these Contest Rules or the associated rules sets referenced. Herein, if anyone tampers with the entry process or engages in any conduct detrimental to TwinSpires, the Contest or any other player (in each case as determined at TwinSpires’s sole discretion), to lock out any individual whose eligibility is in question, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest at any time. The Released Parties assume no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries. None of the Released Parties are in any way responsible or liable for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by TwinSpires on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any associated Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading of any materials in this Contest.
Winners will be notified by e-mail or phone and will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and acceptance of these Official Rules and a publicity/liability release (unless prohibited by law) within ten (10) days following attempted notification. Any prize returned as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. In the event of a dispute about the identity of any player, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the TwinSpires account submitted at time of entry. A potential winner will be required to provide proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the TwinSpires account associated with the winning entry.
RULES AND WINNER’S LIST
This contest is subject to these Contest Rules and any other rules set expressly referenced herein. Contest players agree to abide by the terms of these Contest Rules and by the decisions of TwinSpires, which are final on all matters pertaining to this contest.
TwinSpires reserves the right to change these Contest Rules at any time, in its sole discretion. Contest rules may be obtained on the TwinSpires website.
A winners’ list will be posted on the TwinSpires website no later than one week after the contest and may also be obtained by sending a SASE to the address below.
The sponsor of the contest is Churchill Down Technology Initiative Co. The address for the purposes of this contest is:
800 West El Camino Real
Mountian View, CA 94040
Attn: Lucky Kalanges
The section headers contained herein are only provided for convenience purposes only and shall not be used to modify or interpret the terms of these Official Rules. To begin the Let 8 Ride Challenge, log into your account at . For questions about this contest, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, TWINSPIRES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK FROM ANY SUCH PERSON DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO TWINSPIRES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.