The TwinSpires Online Handicapping Championship is this Saturday and we’re guaranteeing a Vegas seat for 100 winners in a maximum field of 350 entries. That means your odds of punching your ticket to NHC 14 or the 2013 Horse Player World Series are no worse than 5/2.
And if you haven’t qualified in one of our Satellite tournaments, you can still buy in for $1,000. Plus, for those who buy in, we are offering an unprecedented 50X TSC Elite Points for all wagers placed on Saturday, November 24.
*** CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR NEW ONLINE HANDICAPPING CHAMPION – BETTY C ! ***
*** CLICK HERE FOR OFFICIAL TOP 100 PLACINGS AND VEGAS SEAT AWARDS ***
*** THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR PLAYING IN THE TWINSPIRES ONLINE HANDICAPPING SERIES AND CHAMPIONSHIP ***
CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE ENTRIES AND MAKE SELECTIONS ON THE OFFICIAL CONTEST SITE
CLICK HERE FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS
For all Players who play this Saturday, here’s what you will be competing for:
- Top 20 finishers: A seat at NHC 14 at Treasure Island Las Vegas, featuring a $1.5 million purse and $750,000 top prize, to be held January 25-26, 2013.
- 21st – 100th place: A seat at the Horse Player World Series at The Orleans, featuring an estimated $700,000 purse and $300,000 top prize, to be held February 21-23, 2013.
- Top 100 finishers receive a $500 TwinSpires credit that can be used toward travel to and from Las Vegas.
- Top 35 finishers (est.) will earn NHC Tour Points.
In addition, all Players who buy in to Saturday’s Championship for $1,000 will earn 50 TSC Elite Points for every dollar they wager on Saturday, November 24.
Players may play a maximum of two (2) entries in Saturday’s Championship. See below for Official Rules and Championship FAQs:
TWINSPIRES ONLINE HANDICAPPING CHAMPIONSHIP CONTEST RULES – SATURDAY, NOV. 24
Entry Fee: $1,000 per entry, maximum 2 entries per player. Maximum 350 entries total.
Format: Mythical $2 Win/Place bets, payouts capped at $52 for Win and $26 for Place.
Winners: Determined by highest accumulated bankroll from all contest wagers.
Prizes: Winner: 2013 VIP Kentucky Derby Experience
1st – 20th: Entry to NHC 14 (or HPWS if already NHC Qualified), plus $500 travel credit
21st – 100th: Entry to Horse Player World Series, plus $500 travel credit
All Vegas seats include hotel stay at the official contest hotel
Races: 15 contest races listed below
Cancellations: Cancelled races will NOT be replaced. TwinSpires reserves the right to reschedule
the Championship in the event of cancellations at one or more contest tracks.
NHC Eligibility Rules: Players must purchase a $50 NHC Tour Membership from the NTRA website prior to
playing in our Nov. 24 Championship in order to be eligible to win a NHC seat.
Click here to learn more about becoming a NHC Tour Member.
NHC seats will be awarded to the Top 20 finishers who are eligible to win a NHC seat.
If a player who has already won a NHC seat or is otherwise ineligible to win a
NHC seat finishes in the Top 20, s/he will be awarded a HPWS seat and his
or her NHC seat will be awarded to the next highest eligible finisher.
Tiebreaker Rules: In the event there is a tie between two or more players for the final spot(s) involving a
prize for a trip to Las Vegas, the following tie breakers will be used (in order): most
winners, most top 2 finishers, highest win payoff, 2nd-highest win payoff, 3rd-highest
win payoff, most top 3 finishers. If there is still a tie, contestants will (at TwinSpires’
discretion) either receive the prize, share the prize equally, or will be invited to
participate in a "playoff."
Additional Contest FAQs:
Q: If I play two entries, can I win more than one seat to Vegas?
A: Yes. If any player places two entries in the Top 20, s/he will win 1 NHC seat and 1 HPWS seat, with his or her 2nd NHC seat being awarded to the next eligible player in line due to NHC rules, which limit entries to 1 seat per player. If any player places one entry in the Top 20 and one entry between 21st and 100th place, s/he will win 1 NHC and 1 HPWS Seat. If any player places two entries between 21st and 100th place, s/he will win 2 HPWS seats.
Q: What happens if I have already won a NHC seat and I finish in the Top 20?
A: Then, per NHC rules, your seat will be awarded to the next eligible player in line and you will be awarded that player’s HPWS seat.
TWINSPIRES ONLINE HANDICAPPING CHAMPIONSHIP RACES – SATURDAY, NOV. 24
1) Aqueduct 6 – G2 Demoiselle, 1 1/8m, Dirt – 2:22
2) Aqueduct 7 – G2 Remsen, 1 1/8m, Dirt – 2:51
3) Aqueduct 8 – G1 Cigar Mile, 1m, Dirt – 3:20
4) Churchill Downs 7 – AOC, 6f, Dirt – 3:35
5) Aqueduct 9 – G1 Gazelle, 1 1/8m, Dirt – 3:49
6) Churchill Downs 8 – ALW, 1 1/16m, Turf – 4:05
7) Aqueduct 10 – MSW, 1 1/16m, Turf – 4:18
8) Churchill Downs 9 – G2 Golden Rod, 1 1/16m, Dirt – 4:35
9) Churchill Downs 10 – AOC, 1m, Dirt – 5:05
10) Hollywood 5 – G3 Generous, 1m, Turf – 5:32
11) Churchill Downs 11 – G2 KY Jockey Club, 1 1/16m, Dirt – 5:35
12) Churchill Downs 12 – MSW, 1 1/8m, Turf – 6:05
13) Hollywood 7 – MSW, 6f, Turf – 6:35
14) Hollywood 8 – ALW, 6f, Cushion – 7:05
15) Hollywood 9 – G3 Miesque, 1m, Turf – 7:35
Additional questions may be directed to email@example.com