The first leg in the championship portion of the new “Road to the Kentucky Derby” scoring system concludes this weekend, with Saturday’s Spiral Stakes at Turfway Park and Sunday’s Sunland Derby at Sunland Park. With 50 points awarded to each winner, both will be virtually assured a place in the starting gate for the 2013 Kentucky Derby.
To celebrate the big weekend, TwinSpires Players who place a winning Exacta wager on the Spiral Stakes on Saturday and the Sunland Derby on Sunday will share in a prize pool of 1,000,000 Twin Spires Elite Points.
Click here for FREE Spiral Stakes/Sunland Derby Daily Selections (available Friday)
Official Spiral Stakes/Sunland Derby Double – Exacta Races:
|DATE||CONTEST WAGER||RACE||TRACK||RACE #|
|Saturday, March 23||$2 minimum Exacta||Spiral Stakes||Turfway Park ||10|
|Sunday, March 24||$5 minimum Exacta||Sunland Derby||Sunland Park|
How to win:
- Cash a winning Exacta ticket for a base value of $2 or more in the Spiral Stakes at Turfway Park on Saturday, March 23
- Cash a winning Exacta ticket for a base value of $5 or more in the Sunland Derby on Sunday, March 24
- The Player or Players who cash a winning contest wager in both races will earn a share of 1,000,000 TSC Elite Points
- Players may play as many Exacta wagers as they choose – all will count in the contest.
- On Saturday, the base value wagered must be at least $2; boxed or wheeled $1 Exactas will not count in the contest.
- On Sunday, the base value wagered must be at least $5; boxed or wheeled Exactas for a base value of $4 or less will not count in the contest.
- Wagers must be made through a valid TwinSpires.com account.
- Qualifying Players may win only one (1) share of the prize.