- Participating locations: Online at TwinSpires.com; On-site at Fair Grounds or at a Fair Grounds OTB location.
- 14 consecutive weekend days running from Saturday, February 14th through Sunday March 29, 2009.
- Players will receive one entry for every $50 wagered on Fair Grounds Race Course races only through their TwinSpires wagering account on the specified promotion days. (Saturdays and Sundays February 14 through March 29, 2009). Players must use their TwinSpires.com account wagering; this is not a Twin Spires Club promotion.
- Players will be eligible to win an "Own Your Own OTB Package" which includes a Flat Screen LCD Television, Sony PlayStation 3, Sony Wireless Keyboard, HDMI Cables and $100 to cover professional installation. Value of each prize package: $[value]
- There will be one winner each for each promotion day Saturday, February 14 through Sunday, March 29. 14 total. Entries do not roll over into subsequent contest days.
- Winners will be randomly chosen from all qualifying and mail-in entries
- Winners will be announced on the Fair Grounds Race Course simulcast signal on the 7th day following each promotion day.
- No purchase necessary – see official rules for details.
- Odds of winning are dependant on the number of qualified entries received each contest day.
1) How to play. Players earn one qualifying entry for every $50 wagered on Fair Grounds Race Course races through TwinSpires account wagering on each specific promotion day.
2) No purchase necessary. No purchase or contribution or wager is required to enter.
3) Entry. Persons not wishing to wager may enter the giveaway by sending a 3" x 5" white card with name, complete address, home telephone number with area code, age and TwinSpires.com account number printed on it, in a postage-paid hand-addressed number 10 envelope to the "Own Your Own OTB Giveaway", TwinSpires.com, P.O. Box 8510, Lexington, KY 40533-8510. Only one date designation per postcard will be eligible for drawing on any specific promotion day. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by the first contest date and received two business days prior to the designated promotion date for entry into that day’s contest. Persons must be of legal wagering age to enter the Giveaway. Membership in TwinSpires.com is free.
4) Selection of winning Player ID. Fair Grounds Race Course marketing will randomly choose the winning entry from all of the qualifying entries and mail-in entries. Decisions of contest officials are final.
5) Fair Grounds announcement of winning account holder. The winning entries will be selected and the winners will be announced on the Fair Grounds simulcast signal as well as posted on the contests and promotions page at TwinSpires.com. Winners will be announced no later than 7 business days following the promotion day.
6) Payment and notification of winner. Each winner will be required to sign a waiver and must complete appropriate tax forms before any award of the prizes will be made. Fair Grounds Race Course and TwinSpires.com reserves the right to use the names and images of the prizes winners to promote this contest without further compensation.
7) Claiming of prizes. A member of the Fair Grounds Race Course or TwinSpires.com marketing team will personally contact each winner by telephone in order to arrange for the delivery and professional installation of the "Own Your Own OTB" package.
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia.
- This Contest is void where prohibited or where restricted by law (including, without limitation, any jurisdiction that requires the registration of the Contest with any governmental agency or the posting of a bond or other security). Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Fair Grounds Race Course and TwinSpires.com reserves the right to change, modify or cancel this promotion.
- Employees of Churchill Downs Incorporated, any of its affiliated racetracks, organizations or vendors are not eligible to win.
- Participants must have a TwinSpires.com account in order to be eligible to win and be a resident of a state where the TwinSpires.com wagering system is available. TwinSpires.com reserves the right to deny the request to open an account or to close an account for any reason. Participants must be of legal wagering age. Local state regulations apply.
- All federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners.
- Sponsor assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error or technical malfunctions, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, line failures of any computer equipment or software, or any combination thereof.
- Prize is non-transferable, no substitutions or cash equivalents allowed.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees that Sponsor (i) shall not be responsible or liable for any losses, damages or injuries of any kind resulting from participation in the Contest or in any Contest related activity, or from entrant’s acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (ii) has not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize and specifically disclaims all such warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
- Prizes will only be awarded to a verified winner. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or (if applicable) postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, or difficulties, printing errors, clerical, typographical or other error in the offering or announcement of the prize or in any prize notification documents, or other errors of any kind or nature.
For a list of winners, write to TwinSpires.com, c/o List of Winners for Own Your Own OTB, P.O. Box 8510, Lexington, KY 40533-8510.