Breeders' Cup Rankings 2023: Future Stars Friday
A handful of races will be held on the opening-day portion of the Breeders’ Cup World Championships at Santa Anita on Nov. 3. European imports have endured a bevy of success in these tilts, especially in the events that have been contested on the turf, but my focus for this piece will be on the U.S.-based contenders.
Below is a list of my top domestic candidates for the handful of races to be held on "Future Stars Friday."
Juvenile Turf Sprint (G2)
- No Nay Mets – Fleet colt is 3-for-3 in the U. S. and the potential one to beat
- Slider – Jimmy Creed colt displayed class in Speakeasy S. victory
- Shards – Bucchero colt just missed in Indian Summer S. last out
Juvenile Fillies (G1)
Juvenile Fillies Turf (G1)
- She Feels Pretty – Natalma (G1) queen looks the part
- Buchu – Jessamine (G2) starlet owns a lethal late kick
- Gala Brand – Bill Mott filly ready to peak at Santa Anita
- Locked – Pletcher looks to go back-to-back in the tilt
- Prince of Monaco – Unbeaten colt will love going two turns
- Muth – $2 million purchase will be formidable for Bob Baffert
Juvenile Turf (G1)