Keeler Johnson’s picks and plays of Nov. 10, 2023
Handicapper J. Keeler Johnson shares picks and plays for Friday, Nov. 10 at Delta Downs and Remington Park, including a trio of exactas.
Today’s special offers from TwinSpires include:
- Churchill Downs $2,000 Late Pick 5 Hit It & Split It: Hit the Late Pick 5 at Churchill Downs on any racing day from Nov. 1 through Nov. 26 to win your share of a $2,000 daily jackpot.
- 10x Points at Churchill Downs: Receive 10x reward points on all wagers at Churchill Downs from Nov. 8 through Nov. 26.
- Golden Gate Fields Friday $2,000 Late Pick 5 Hit It & Split It: Hit the Late Pick 5 at Golden Gate Fields on any Friday from Nov. 10 through Nov. 24 to win your share of a $2,000 weekly jackpot.
Picks and Plays
Delta Downs: Race 2: Jean Lafitte S. (seven furlongs, 6:43 p.m. ET)
#5 Good Like Magic (3-1) comes off a sharp victory in the six-furlong Kip Deville S. at Remington Park. The son of hot sire Good Magic led all the way to win by 2 3/4 lengths with an 88 Brisnet Speed rating, tied for the highest number in the Jean Lafitte field.
Good Like Magic is conditioned by high-percentage trainer Brad Cox, who has gone 5-for-12 (42%) at Delta Downs since 2020. Throw in hot jockey Timothy Thornton, and Good Like Magic is worth betting to win and playing over #7 Strong Promise (5-1) in the exacta.
- #5 Good Like Magic (3-1)
- #7 Strong Promise (5-1)
- #8 Good and Stout (6-1)
- $20 to win on #5 Good Like Magic
- $5 Exacta: 5 with 7
Delta Downs: Race 5: My Trusty Cat S. (seven furlongs, 8:07 p.m. ET)
#4 Pursuit of Liberty (2-1) impressed in a one-mile maiden special weight at Churchill Downs last month, pressing the pace before taking over to win by three lengths. The distant third-place finisher that day was #10 Noriskit Nobiscuit (3-1), who came right back to win a $150,000 maiden claimer at Keeneland.
Pursuit of Liberty has trainer Brad Cox and jockey Timothy Thornton in her corner, so let’s bet her to win and key her over runaway Prairie Meadows Debutante S. winner #7 Kant Resist It (6-1) in the exacta.
- #4 Pursuit of Liberty (2-1)
- #7 Kant Resist It (6-1)
- #10 Noriskit Nobiscuit (3-1)
- $20 to win on #4 Pursuit of Liberty
- $5 Exacta: 4 with 7
Remington Park: Race 7: Don C. McNeill S. (one mile, 10:55 p.m. ET)
#2 Chasin Jason (6-1) pressed an honest pace in his debut sprinting 6 1/2 furlongs against maiden special weight competition at Remington Park, then took over to win by 2 3/4 lengths. The Don C. McNeill field doesn’t contain a lot of speed on paper, so it’s possible Chasin Jason will shake loose on an easy lead and take this field all the way on the front end.
Let’s bet Chasin Jason to win and key him over Oklahoma Classics Juvenile S. winner #7 Boom Baby Flats (7-5) in the exacta.
- #2 Chasin Jason (6-1)
- #7 Boom Baby Flats (7-5)
- #5 Devious Dennis (4-1)
- $20 to win on #2 Chasin Jason
- $5 Exacta: 2 with 7