Get the New Year off to a fabulous starting by qualifying for the inaugural Kentucky Derby Betting Championship presented by TwinSpires.com. Two fully paid entries to the KDBC are up for grabs in our exclusive qualifying tournament January 6 – 16. You could join a short list of the nation’s top horseplayers at Churchill Downs to compete for cash and prizes estimated at $250,000 on Kentucky Derby weekend.
CLICK HERE FOR FREE PPs FOR TODAY’S CONTEST RACES
Tournament Final (January 16) Prize Structure
1st and 2nd place (2 KDBC Seats) include:
- $20,000 Fully Paid Entry Fee – $15,000 of which is the player’s live bankroll in the Kentucky Derby Betting Championship.
- Admission and seating for player and one guest on May 6 and 7 at Churchill Downs, including food and beverage for both days.
- Hotel stay for three nights, May 5 – 7, checking out May 8 in Louisville, Kentucky.
- $1,000 credit for travel, to be deposited to the wagering account of the winner.
3rd – 5th Place Prizes (3 HPWS Seats)
- $1,500 Horse Player World Series entry fee.
- Four night hotel stay at The Orleans Hotel and Casino, March 30 – April 2, checkout on April 3.
- $500 credit for travel, to be deposited to the wagering account of the winner.
Tournament Format and Schedule
The tournament consists of seven Satellite (feeder) contests, running daily from January 6 – 15, leading up to the tournament Final on Saturday, January 16. Players may compete in the Satellite contests to earn a seat in the Final for $20, $35 or $50, depending on the day of each contest, or buy in directly to the Final on January 16 for $250 per entry. Players may purchase up to three entries per contest, and each contest is capped at 150 total entries, except the Final, which will have an expanded field of 250 entries.
|Date||Day||Type||Buy In||Player Cap||Entry Cap||Advance to Jan. 16|
|Entry Deadline||5 minutes to post for first race|
|Selection Deadline||Post time for each race|
|Contest Races||10 mandatory races (Satellites); 15 (Final)|
|Format & Scoring||Mythical $2 Win/Place bets on a single horse|
|Win payouts capped at $42.00 (20/1)|
|Place payouts capped at $22.00 (10/1)|
|Scratches||Selection replaced by starting favorite|
|Cancelled races||Cancelled races will not be replaced|
|Winners determined by||Highest winnings from all contest wagers|
- Satellites: In the event of a tie in any Satellite contest for the last seat awarded to the Final, all tied players will advance to the final.
Final: In the event of a tie for the KDBC seat or the last HPWS seat to be awarded, the following tiebreakers will be applied, in order, to break the tie:
- Most winning horses selected from all contest wagers.
- Most second place finishers selected from all contest wagers.
- Highest priced winner selected from all contest wagers.
- Second highest priced winner selected from all contest wagers.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com